Tuesday, December 4

Handmade Holidays So Far

I have been diligently working on my homemade gifts. The unicorn is for a work friend. It took at least 10 hours longer than I anticipated. I learned a few lessons mainly about myself. I had to sort of call it quits even though the legs are still crooked and I had re-sewn (by hand no less) each one at least 3 times because I was afraid I wouldn't get to any of my other gifts and ruin Christmas with my obsessive repositioning. I chose to make it first because I have wanted to make one ever since I saw a knitted unicorn in a book that we were sending back to the publisher. There were are few attempts at drafting the pattern until my mom offered and made one in minutes that then took a week and a half on my end to complete. But now my time is free for the rest.

A needle book and matching pincushion for my boyfriend's sister.

A marker/pencil carrying roll for Brandon's birthday.

Ornaments on the tree and the fabric scrap garland that took too long and I quickly lost interest and Brandon finished in a real show of patience. Ideally I want to add scraps every year until it is long enough to go all around the tree. Also, what a crafty walk down memory lane it will be when I pull it out of storage every year!

1 comment:

Nothing said...

That unicorn is priceless.