Saturday, March 10

Portions of Pain

So I have been trying to eat the correct portion sizes lately. It is a pretty terrifying experience so far. I read a whole book about it at work the other day. The book was mostly photographs of the huge amount of food I am used to with tiny bits taken out to show how much I should be eating. We went out to eat last night and I held the palm of my hand against my sandwich and felt very sad. I was already totally starving from my properly portioned lunch. I survived the dinner. I comforted myself with the fact that I was going to have my leftovers for breakfast. Which I did (I even got up early in my excitement) and was surprised that it was too much for me to eat!

Tonight we had the always delicious lentils, rice, and caramelized onions from Deborah Madison's Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone.

No comments: